CREW MEMBER APPLICATION
The Southwest Harbor-Tremont Ambulance Service (SWHTA) has been serving the towns since the 1960’s. Our crew has approximately 20 employees, including drivers, EMT’s and Paramedics. We staff one medic at our station 24/7 and rely on drivers and other medics to respond from the community when calls come in. We average about 400 rcalls per year transporting most patients to Bar Harbor or Ellsworth with occasional transports to Bangor.
We have a need for local drivers EMT’s and paramedics. Shifts range from 12 – 36 hours. Local responders are paid a minimum response time of two hours with most calls lasting 2-3 hours. Specific job duties, including pay rate, will be discussed upon receipt of application. Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss working for the Service with a crew member prior to applying. A personal interview will be conducted by the Crew Chief.
Basic Job Qualifications:
- Hold a valid state drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to assist in lifting a fully loaded gurney and carry emergency equipment to and from scenes, sometimes over rough terrain.
- Ability to work in weather extremes and at all hours.
- Willing to receive Hepatitis B, Tetanus, influenza inoculations, and Tb screening at SWHTA expense as soon as possible upon hire. You may sign a waiver if you do not wish this coverage.
- Needed Certifications & Training:
- All Positions: CPR and Emergency Ambulance Driving (AVOC or EVOC) certifications as soon as possible upon hire. SWHT will cover course costs.
- EMT’s: Maine State EMS certification. PHTLS certification as soon as possible upon hire.
- EMT-Paramedic: ACLS, & PALS/PEPP are required within 6 months of hire. The Service may reimburse for these trainings consistent with current SWHTA Training Standard Operating Procedures.
- All employees are mandated to take on-line or local annual training in: HazMat; Medicare Compliance; Prevention of Sexual Harassment; HIPAA; and other SWHTA – specific courses at SWHTA expense.
New employees will serve an initial six month probationary period to demonstrate competency, teamwork, and a willingness to assist the Service. If management determines the employee is not suitable for continued employment, the employee may be terminated or be asked to resign.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
SWHTA policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, sexual orientation, or disability in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Interested in applying for a job? Download CREW MEMBER APPLICATION
Need more information? Call the ambulance office in Southwest Harbor: 207.244.3521 and leave a message.
Or use the form below: