CREW MEMBER APPLICATION
The Southwest Harbor-Tremont Ambulance Service (SWHTA) has been serving the towns since the 1960’s. Our crew has approximately 20 employees, including drivers, EMT’s, AEMT’s, and Paramedics. We staff one provider at our station 24/7 with a driver on call from home. We have two ambulances and average about 450 calls per year, serving the towns of Southwest Harbor and Tremont, as well as our mutual-aid partners in Mt Desert and Bar Harbor. We also support Acadia National Park and some of the island communities nearby.
We are hiring for all positions, including local drivers, EMT’s, AEMT’s, and Paramedics. Shifts range from 6 to 36 hours with competitive pay rates for all positions. Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss working for the Service with a crew member regarding specific job duties prior to applying.
Basic Job Qualifications:
- Hold a valid state drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Physically able to complete job related tasks, including lifting and carrying emergency medical equipment or patients, with assistance.
- Ability to work in weather extremes and at all hours.
- Must receive (at SWHTA expense) the Hepatitis B, Tetanus, and Influenza inoculations, Tb screening, and the COVID19 vaccination as soon as possible upon hire. Waiver/Exemptions may be available.
Certifications & Training Requirements:
- All Positions: BLS CPR and Emergency Ambulance Driving (AVOC or EVOC) certifications as soon as possible upon hire. We will train you!
- EMT/AEMT: Maine State EMS certification. PHTLS certification preferred
- Paramedic: ACLS and PALS are required within 6 months of hire (if not current).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
SWHTA policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, sexual orientation, or disability in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Interested in applying for a job? Download CREW MEMBER APPLICATION
Need more information? Call the ambulance office in Southwest Harbor: 207.244.3521 and leave a message.
Or use the form below: