Southwest Harbor – Tremont Ambulance Service Annual Meeting
Monday, May 17, 2021 @5:30PM
VISION AND MISSION
The Southwest Harbor – Tremont Nursing Service, also known as the Southwest Harbor-Tremont Ambulance Service, is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide the citizens and visitors of Tremont and Southwest Harbor with quality emergency medical services. In collaboration with healthcare partners and other public safety agencies, and through community outreach, the Southwest Harbor-Tremont Ambulance Service supports and promotes the health and general welfare of all citizens and visitors in our communities.
- 24 Hour emergency ambulance service, SW Harbor and Tremont
- Lift assists
- Inter-facilities transfers
- Special event support – 4th of July, Memorial Day Parade, Touch-a-Truck, MDI Marathon, regattas, Flamingo Festival, Oktoberfest, …
- Mutual aid agreements with Island ambulances, fire and police
- School Programs: Our EMT’s in schools and daycare centers provide educational and fun “show & tell” of emergency services. Activities include ambulance orientation, poison prevention and how and why to call 911.
- Community CPR and 1st Aid classes
- House Number Sign Program
The Southwest Harbor – Tremont Ambulance Service is overseen by the Southwest Harbor – Tremont Nursing Service, a 501(c) (3) non-profit, public charity organization established in 1969. The Ambulance Service is proud to provide 24 hour emergency interventions and transports to the residents and visitors of Southwest Harbor and Tremont. The Service maintains two ambulances, Rescue-1 and Rescue 2. Rescue-1 (R-1) is staffed 24 hours a day. Rescue-2 (R-2) serves as a back up in the event of multiple emergencies, when R-1 is out of service and for transfers between hospitals and clinics.
The Service participates in mutual aid agreements with adjacent towns.
The Service responds to about 400 calls per year.
Daily operations are overseen by the Service and Crew Chiefs. The Service and Crew Chiefs report to a 15 member volunteer Board of Directors. The Board meets regularly on the 3rd Monday of each month, September through June. All meetings are open to the public. Membership to the Southwest Harbor – Tremont Nursing Service includes all residents and landowners of Southwest Harbor and Tremont. The Service’s annual meeting is held in May and the public is encouraged to attend.
The Service is supported by fees, donations and the tax payers of Southwest Harbor and Tremont. Donations are gratefully accepted and may be mailed to the address below.